Cat Cafes are incredibly popular concepts originating from Japan – a place where customers can visit and have delicious tea, coffee, and snacks but with a twist- they also get to visit multiple, adorable kittens and cats during their stay. The idea has blown up so much in popularity that people from other countries have begun to take inspiration from it as well, and just to the Filipinos’ luck, a cat cafe has opened in the country itself- one of the fan favorites, the Tabby Town Cat Cafe in Tagaytay.
Want to know more about the cuddly sounding cat cafe? Here’s all about it, so you can know more and even plan a visit yourself to see just how therapeutic a good ambiance combined with furry and friendly feline friends can truly be.
Where is Tabby Town
- Now, where exactly is the Tabby Town Cat Cafe?
- Tabby Town is technically located in Silang, Cavite.
- Despite really being in the city of Cavite, in all actuality it’s far closer to Tagaytay than it is the heart of Cavite.
- Placed just along the Sta. Rosa Tagaytay Road.
- Its proximity to one of the most popular destinations in the vicinity, Tagaytay, makes it an easy place to visit no matter where you’re coming from- especially if you’re in Manila and would like to visit the cafe’s adorable kitties.
- Its location makes it a wonderful place to visit if you’re heading down the Sta. Rosa Tagaytay Road or are in the area, because more likely than not you’ll be passing through the cafe either way, so why not take a breather and enjoy an hour or two, sitting back and relaxing with the cats?
- The Tabby Town Cat Cafe is in a convenient area where many cars pass so it is hard to miss, but here are a few landmarks to jot down just to be safe, or if you find yourself not knowing where to go:
- Across the Silang Water District
- Further north from the Lumil Elementary School
- Near Suntrust Verona
What is Tabby Town?
The very name of the cafe lends meaning to what it is; the Tabby Town Cat Cafe Tagatay, is, in fact, a cat cafe. But really, when you go for a visit, you’ll realize that’s it’s actually so much more than that.
- It’s large interior
- Unlike other cat cafes which only have a single floor for both dining and playing with the available cats and animals, there are three floors in the building.
- The first floor is the reception area where you pay for the time with the cats
- The second floor is where you can actually meet and pet the many cats of Tabby Town
- And last but not least, the third floor is a soon to be designation dog cafe area! Meaning in the future, visitors can potentially satisfy their desire for the cuteness emanating from both cats and dogs.
- Wide variety of different cats
- A beautiful and picturesque interior location as well
1. Tabby Town Hours
If you happen to be an individual with a busy schedule, yet still wants to make a little bit of time to visit the cuddly cats at Tabby Town, you need not worry because the cafe has a very flexible schedule, meaning it’s easy to squeeze in a little bit of time for a drive and a visit.
- Tabby town is open everyday except for Tuesdays
- The cafe hours run from 11 AM to 9 PM, making it a great spot for either a weekday or a weekend visit given that its open for an almost full six days a week.
2. The Cats
- The cats are the crowning glory of the cafe, and unlike other cafes this one has a large amount of cats- meaning more heads and furry tails for you to pet!
- A vast number of different breeds, 21, to be exact! And that even includes the stray cats, they don’t just have foreign breeds.
- They have different personalities depending on their breed
- They are pedigree and imported from faraway places such as Ukraine
3. Tabby Town Cat Cafe Menu
The cafe serves up many different dishes and drinks such as pastas, cat-themed pastries and more but here’s what we personally ordered:
Drinks we had:
- Mocha Frappe Overload
- Matcha Frappe Overload
- Butterscotch Frappe Overload
- Caramel Frappe Overload
- Java Chip Frappe Overload
- Hazelnut Frappe Overload
- Mixed Berries Frappe Overload
- Strawberry Frappe Overload
Meals we had:
- Creamy Salted Egg Pasta with Shrimp (Php 215.00)
- Pasta Pesto (Php 195.00)
- Club House Sandwich with French Fries (Php 245.00)
- Buffalo Wings (Php 95.00 for 6 pieces)
All of them were delicious and well thought-out, but our favorites were the Pesto and the Hazelnut Frappe Overload.
Tabby Town allows visitors to savor their delicious food at the dine-in only section located at the ground floor but if you’re planning to spend some paw-some time with their cute fur balls, head up stairs. Tabby Town Cat Cafe’s hourly rates (per head) are as follows:
- 200 with iced tea
- 270 with hot or cold drinks or tasty milkshakes
- 350 with overload frappe
- Note: CASH BASIS ONLY. And don’t forget to bring your own socks (although they do sell them cheap too if you it slips your memory).
In summary, the Tabby Town Cat Cafe is a definite must-see especially for cat -lovers like Tina. As for me and likely others though, it is a good educational experience since you will get to know all about the different cat breeds and how to nurture, care, carry them and pick them up. Overall, it was a good and definitely Instagram-worthy experience.
Two hungry bestfriends looking for their next adventure. We do travel x food x lifestyle features.
Follow us on IG: @hungrytravelduo
Email us at email@example.com