Itching to try something new? We’ve got great news for you! Osaka Ohsho is now here inthe Philippines, and you can experience the touch of Japanese “flying noodles” that seem to be defying gravity. It is truly eye-catching and mouthwatering. I experienced it myself and I would say this Osaka Ohsho’s “flying noodles” is one of the best!
Osaka Ohsho started in the Philippines in 2014, and they served lots of specialties that got loved by many people. Some of these dishes include their truffle, chorizo, and bacon and cheese gyozas. Their gyoza recipe is one of the bests and that is the reason why people go back for more.
Albeit patrons already love their dishes, there came a time where they finally decided to add another dish that people would definitely love – noodles. Well, not just noodles, but actually “flying noodles”.
Tina and I are both fans of Japanese food. And we are even bigger fans of noodles. So when we heard about Osaka Ohsho serves flying noodles, we decided to give it a try and it sure did not disappoint (more about this later). But since we also came there for their signature “World’s Number One Gyoza”, we also munched away on all the flavors and wow, was it just pure delight! Not only did we enjoy their signature dishes, but also the restaurant’s cozy ambiance. Just looking at the interior design brings us back to our trip in Japan.
Osaka Ohsho’s Classic Dishes
Before they added flying noodles to their menu, here are some of their popular dishes:
- Gyoza – You can choose from Original, Cheese, Nori flavor. You can buy Gyoza in dozens or half dozen.
Whoops, there we gyoza 'gain! Eating our way through the craziness of the holidays! Our new fave: Bacon and Cheese Gyoza by @osakaohshoph. Double yum!!! . . . #food #foodph #foodpun #vscoeats #foodporn #hungry #alwayshungry #hungryph #forkspoonmanila #eater f52grams #spotmyfood #manilaeatup #bookymanila #wheninmanila #wimyummy #foodgrammerph #yummyph #eatsplorations #spotph #f52grams #wheninmanila
- Japanese Style Crispy Chicken Karaage – This is not just the typical fried chicken you can find from various fast food chains. Just looking at the dish will instantly entice you- tasty, crunchy, tender in the inside.
- Special Fuwatoro Tenshin Han – This dish is hard to resist. It is the combination of omelette and koshihikari rice. The combination is totally fine, but this restaurant upgraded this dish and add tempura. If you are not allergic to seafoods, then this is a must try!
- Ebi Tempura Don – Have a taste of first class rice topped with golden tempura and vegetables. This is one of the bestsellers because of its extraordinary taste.
- Black Vinegar Chicken – Taste and see it for yourself why this dish is one of the customer’s favorites. I have tried this one, and I could say that I would love to taste it over and over again.
“Flyign Noodles” from Osaka Ohsho
So here are the most awaited “flying noodles” that people are dying for to try:
- Bacon and Cheese Somen – I love this dish the most because it has salmon in it. The ingredients are combination of salmon, bacon, cheese, fried egg strips, aburi, and together with cold somen. Let me tell you that this menu will totally leave great taste to your buds. Just budget Php370 to eat this majestic dish from Osaka Ohsho. This might be your new comfort food. Even though the ingredient is not totally Japanese style, but the flavor still has the Japanese nature.
- Matcha Teriyaki Tonkotsu – These noodles are truly eye-catching for its green color. The noodles’ thickness is the same as spaghetti, but the flavor is amazingly good and unique. It has green tea albeit flavor, so you must dip it with tonkotsu sauce. The perfect complement for this dish are Chicken teriyaki and enoki tempura. This one might not be thrilling for me, but it is good for experience and great for matcha lovers out there.
A different kind of 'high'! Ever heard of Flying Noodles? Well it's @osakaohshoph's take on the Japanese staple, only it's served the 'young, hip, and sexy' way. . . . Here's one of the crowd favorites: The Matcha Teriyaki Tonkatsu (Php 370)… a culmination of all things Japanese – green cha soba, chicken teriyaki, enoki tempura, and tonkatsu sauce. The flavors in play plus the layers once eaten altogether is just pure joy inside the mouth! . . . #osakaohshoph #vscocam #vscoeats #megamall #foodporn #forkspoonmanila #eater #eaterph #f52grams #spotmyfood #manilaeatup #bookymanila #wheninmanila #wimyummy #buzzfeast #huffposttaste #foodbeast #taste #bookymanila #yelpmanila #ZomatoPH #foodph
- Tempura and Squid Ink Soba – Come seafood lovers! These noodles will make you indulge to your most favorite seafood. For a slightly salty flavor added to the dish, dip it to squid ink sauce. It will also add to the refreshing seafood flavor it brings. If you think the that sauce is strong, you can complement your dish with prawn tempura and and kani strips.
Seafood lovers rejoice! The tempura & squid ink soba from @osakaohshoph makes a perfect catch! Two juicy pieces of tempura paired with cold soba and topped with a generous serving of kani strips, doused with squid ink sauce for that perfect salty and tangy combination. Burp! 😙😙😙 . . . #osakaohshoph #vscocam #vscoeats #megamall #foodporn #japanesefood #forkspoonmanila #eater #eaterph #f52grams #spotmyfood #manilaeatup #bookymanila #wheninmanila #wimyummy #buzzfeast #huffposttaste #foodbeast #taste #bookymanila #yelpmanila #ZomatoPH #foodph
The ‘flying noodles’ are priced at Php370 each are definitely IG-worthy. Sadly though, they will only be available until January. Hoping for extensions, just in case so more foodies like us get to enjoy the experience!
Are you the adventurous type? Well, this restaurant will give you unique taste that you won’t substitute to any other restaurants. If you are a food blogger, you can also add this to your new itinerary for your next blog. For your first time, you can try those few popular dishes. Enjoy your food trip and let us know how you enjoyed it!
3rd Level Megamall Fashion Hall