Ever since my friends and I discovered Korean BBQ restaurants-it immediately became one of our favorite foods to eat. It’s almost a seasonal craving that we need to have from time to time to the point where it felt like we tried every Korean BBQ restaurants in existence around the metro.
Recently we got invited to a newly reformed restaurant in Malate called Fantastic Chef, and of course, my friends and I took the invitation to eat some samgyeopsal before we hit Penthouse by the Bay for drinks later on.
About Fantastic Chef
Galmegi is the Korean translation of Seagull and is also Fantastic Chef’s old name back in 2017 before they transition to their current brand name. The restaurant’s kitchen is being spearheaded by Chef Jang Jungyun; Korea’s A-list chef and Michelin Awardee, making her a certified and recognized individual by the International Culinary Industry, which all ensures that Fantastic Chef’s dishes are not only authentic but also have great quality.
Fantastic Chef’s Prices
Pork and Chicken Package – 499
Pork, Chicken and Beef – 549
Fantastic Chef extended their promo until March 31, 2019, and the following are the packages you can avail according to your group’s size.
Groups of 4-7 will have one person eat for free
Groups of 8-12 will have 2-3 people eat for free
Inclusive of Fantastic Chef’s package
- SKIRT MEAT
- JOWLS MEAT
- SEASONED PORK NECK
- PORK BELLY
- THIN PORK BELLY
- SPICY PORK BULGOGI
- SEASONED CHICKEN BBQ
- SPICY CHICKEN BBQ
- BEEF PLATE
- SEASONED BEEF PLATE
- Unlimited Steamed Egg
- Freeflowing Soup
- Unlimited Cheese
- 9 Unlimited Side Dishes
What makes Fantastic Chef a worth it Korean BBQ Restaurant
Most Korean BBQ Restaurants usually requires an additional fee for the unlimited cheese but Fantastic Chef provides it along with their packages, and I must say, their cheese taste fantastic! I’ve tried other cheese sauces of numerous Samgyeopsal restaurants but this is one of the best I’ve tried so far.
I also notice a hint of garlic was infused with the beef which I personally favor. The side dishes also did not fall behind, and for me, one of their notable panchan (Korean word for side dishes) is their kimchi, which I enjoyed pairing together with the pork, beef, and chicken.
The Pros and Cons of Dining at Fantastic Chef
- There is no time limit to pressure you on finishing your meal fast.
- The staff is very attentive and accommodating when we are asking for refills.
- The meats are cured both in spicy and non-spicy sauces.
- Wide selection of meats and cuts.
- They have parking lots available in front of their store.
- They have a limited number of tables, making it difficult to dine to Fantastic Chef specifically during peak hours, along with that is their unlimited dining time which can put you to hours of waiting.
- While they have a wide selection of meats and side dishes, their tables are quite small to accommodate all of the food, making it cramped to move around.
Those coming from Buendia-Taft or Roxas Blvd can either walk or drive until you see the fountain at Remedios circle and spot the Club ZZYZX.
While those who are either from Buendia or Gil Puyat needs to take a jeepney ride from Harrison Street; Look out for jeepneys with the Mabini Signage and ride it until you reach Remedios.
Additional Info on Fantastic Chef Malate
Address: 590 Remedios Circle, Brgy. 702, Zone 077, Malate, Manila
- Club ZZYZX is the establishment in front of Fantastic Chef
- The fountain at Remedios circle
- There are extra charges according to leftovers; Therefore, be careful when ordering for refills.
- The last call for their promo packages is only until 3:30 PM.
- No latecomers are allowed when availing the promo packages; everyone in the group must be present upon taking the table.
Two hungry bestfriends looking for their next adventure. We do travel x food x lifestyle features.
Follow us on IG: @hungrytravelduo
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org