El Chante is an American-Spanish dance and nightclub bar located in Poblacion, Makati. It’s a party place people can’t stop going to and my foodie friends and I finally had the chance to visit El Chante.
The bar has the lights dimmed down low, but the ambiance is anything but gloomy. Right away, after entering the place, you’ll hear great music being pumped at every corner of the bar. No surprise there, since a lot of guests visits El Chante to dance and party. They actually have different DJs playing every weekend so be sure to keep an eye out for those gigs. The music is sure to make you want to dance and be happy all throughout the night.
There’s a wall lined with Johnny Walker bottles from floor to ceiling, I’m not kidding. The place is also colored with bright neon lights and bright shades of colors amidst all the black fixtures. El Chante creates a party atmosphere that’s super fun, and laid-back.
To ensure we had a good night and enough energy to dance and party, we enjoyed a lot of Bar Chow from their menu.
- Salchipapas (Single: P200, Platter: P250) – A popular Peruvian dish composed of stir-fried bite-sized sausages on top of fries drizzled with ketchup and mayonnaise.
- Buffalo Wings (Single: P200, Platter: P380) – Deep-fried chicken wings marinated in special batter coated with buffalo sauce.
- Boneless Buffalo Tenders (Single: P250, Platter: P420) – Similar in taste to the buffalo wings but made with deep fried chicken fillet.
- Beef Empanadas (Single: P200, Platter: P320) – I enjoyed these small meat pies filled with pot-roasted pulled beef. You can dip it in El Chante’s special dip to enhance the empanda’s flavor. Their empanada also comes in cheese filling flavor made with 3 kinds of cheese.
- Nachos (Single: P200, Platter: 380) – Freshly made, crunchy, deep-fried tortillas topped with cheese sauce, special mayo, salsa and pork.
- Chili Cheese Sticks (P200) – Crunchy, deep-fried chili peppers, cheese and beef wrapped in egg roll skins. This was a spicy and yummy pica-pica.
- Cheesy Cheese Sticks (P200) – Crispy, deep-fried mozzarella cheddar and cream cheese wrapped in egg roll skins.
- Mozzarella Sticks (P250) – Deep fried breaded mozzarella slices paired with tangy tomato dipping sauce.
El Chante also serves fun and original House Cocktails for only P250 each. We were excited to try them all.
- The Butter Beer is an ode to Harry Potter’s famous cozy beverage but made with real beer and Licor 45. The beer isn’t too overpowering, and the drink is generally creamy and sweet to taste.
- The White Walker is a cold and refreshing drink. Fans of Game of Thrones are sure to enjoy this ice shaken cocktail. It’s created from cream, vanilla cream soda, horchata liqueur, rum and blue curacao.
- There’s also a Mermaid’s Drink and it’s the prettiest among the bunch. It’s crushed iced mixed with lemon juice, vodka, midori, simple syrup, blue curacao.
- The Irish Trashcan sounds a little scary at first but it’s really not. It’s a funny and interesting drink with a Red Bull tin can hat! The drink is made from red bull energy drink, vodka, gin, rum, and blue curacao. Definitely not for the faint-hearted, but recommended for anyone looking for a good fun drink!
They also serve their Olmeca tequila shots with slices of orange and brown sugar. It’s only P500 for 5 shots. Definitely a unique way to down that tequila!
If you’re a strong drinker or just like exploring tons of alcoholic beverages, you’ll be excited to know that El Chante has an open bar everyday from 9PM to 12 midnight for only P600.
El Chante definitely knows how to throw a good party. Plus, it’s not too hard on your wallet. They’ll mix in good food with lively music, and creative fun drinks for you and your friends. You’ll definitely have a good and memorable night out every time you visit.
Address: 3/F, 8456 Dona Carmen corner Kalayaan Avenue, Poblacion, Makati City
Operating Hours: Sun–Thurs: 8PM – 5AM, Fri–Sat: 8PM – 7AM
Contact Number: +63 9958651999 or +63 9176395487
Two hungry bestfriends looking for their next adventure. 🙂 We do travel x food x lifestyle features.
Follow us on IG: @hungrytravelduo
Email us at email@example.com